Tuesday, July 16, 2013

While Clark Naps. . . .

So, this summer I've had the adventure of being a stay-at-home mom (minus the week and a half of trainings I went to for the arts).  It's been adventurous. I guess I came into it with the feeling that it was going to be summer again. Especially since last summer was a blur of hardly sleeping/breastfeeding/way too much tv/ helping parents move and somewhere in there we laid sod in the backyard.
And when Clark was awake, he was mostly like this:


A year later, and Clark is into new things every day. Sometimes I think he just wants to learn everything all at once.

Some of it is messy, like digging in the garden!
Some is cute, like sharing with James(after making a mess of the lettuce ends of course) :

 He LOVES the piano, rhythm, and music of any kind:
 New toys are always the best (he didn't want to leave this house at This Is The Place):

















He loves exploring at Grandma's house too (love the squinty smile!)





And now, he's decided that he wants to use a spoon and eat out of jars himself.
 A little water swished in at the end and at least he can drink it! Also, he loves using his new bottom teeth to hold things in his mouth!

Meanwhile, I try to enjoy naptime. Most often it becomes naptime for mommy too, especially when Jordan is at work or class.
Speaking of, Jordan's life has changed significantly! Not only does he have two new jobs (one from 4-9AM at the Lion House Bakery and one cleaning parking lots at City Creek on Saturdays), but he started at a new school!
He now attends the Art Institute of America, located in Draper. He is getting his Associate of Science in Baking and Pastry! Yup, he's finally going to be a pastry chef! Or a baker. Or  both, we'll see. He is in his second week of class and is loving it. It is totally his way of thinking and what he loves. It's so great to finally see him happy and this excited about school. Plus, he looks great in his official garb he wears to class every day:
Overall, things are really going well for the Hansens. We're still getting used to new schedules and me being at home so much, but we certainly keep busy.
OH yeah, and I'm 30 weeks pregnant, so we've got a lot of organizing and preparing we're working on for baby #2 before he gets here! Which, don't worry, will be a whole month into the school year if he doesn't come early! More on that later. ;)

I'll leave you with our 4th of July family picture, because you can see everyone so well- even baby #2!






No comments:

Post a Comment