Thursday, October 25, 2012

Taking a Risk


Everybody wants to rule the world. . . And that's why they created Risk! 

Doesn't matter where we are, Jordan is really good at finding gaming friends. Every so often he gets a group together for a guy's night: game-age, chips, drinks, and a lot of unadulterated guy talk. 
I've  been overhearing all the hoopla and discussion tonight (since Clark went to bed without a fuss at 9 pm). 
However, the latest gaming adventure has led us into a 15 game commitment with the ever-changing Risk Legend. For example, they just fired 3 missiles in one round and unknowingly created a nuclear waste area and a new mutant faction for next round. Pretty crazy!
It's a crazy game.
I'm glad we can host too, and not just because they let me open up the sealed portion of the box to reveal the mutants. It's good to have a place where people can come hang out. I like that our house is a place where everyone can be themselves and come have a good time. Come escape the horrendous amounts of homework, job searching, overworking, and trying circumstances of life. I'm glad our house can be a place to be away from everything for awhile.


There's enough stress in life, Sometimes you just need to stop and play a game. 

1 comment:

  1. A sealed portion of the box...Is that kind of like the sealed portion of the plates?

    ReplyDelete